So you’re thinking about using digital signage for your organization, a good idea no doubt! Before you take the plunge we’d like you to consider some critical and important variables that could make or break that otherwise effective and engaging digital signage display.
Proper planning is essential for any digital signage deployment, whether you’re considering one or 100 screens. With that in mind, here are a handful of helpful questions to ask yourself before the project begins.
Goals & Objectives
- What is the goal or objective of this project?
- Who is your target audience?
- How frequently will you need to change or update the content?
By answering these questions, not only will it help to create a strategy but to track and gauge its success in the future.
Content is King
It’s very important to really define the content specifications:
- Will the content be presented in a multi-zoned screen?
- What will be the content resolution (e.g. 1080P)?
- Will you be using still imagery, full-motion graphics, video, etc?
The answer to these questions should align with your marketing strategy and your goals and objectives relating to the digital signage solution.
The type of digital signage hardware to be used is determined primarily by the content requirements, your budget and the environments into which the system is being installed. That being said, there are other factors worth considering:
- Do you require commercial grade screens rated for 16-24hr usage?
- How will the digital signage solution compliment or match the decor of the environment?
This element of your digital signage is primarily driven by what features you require, what functionality you require, and the price. How will you want to manage and control your content:
- Will you require dayparting (showing different content at different times of day) capabilities?
- Will you require different content to be displayed on different days?
Finally, there is one more very important question to answer:
When can we meet?
If you’re still reading it is obvious that you’re interested in Digital Signage, and we would like to give you a full tour of the capabilities and features that it can provide for you and your business. Whether you pick up the phone or send us an email, we’d love to hear from you!